Access our industry standard workshops and high quality tutors, in your school or on our campus.
One of our tutors will come to you to deliver a workshop at your school/ college, or if there’s a facility that you would like to use on our campus, you can come to us! For example, you may want to try our Riso printer, have a go at screen printing or try a Jesmonite casting workshop.
- Years 7 – 11, 12 & 13.
- 1.5 to 3 hours.
- Achieves Gatsby benchmarks 4, 5 and 7.
- Fashion photography – Playing with perception and colour to create non-conventional fashion portraits.
- Digital Animation– Try your hand at a variety of digital animation techniques including rotoscoping, keyframing and digital hand drawn animation.
- Indigo Dying – Transform a tote bag using indigo tie dying techniques.
- Jesmonite Casting – Create your own colourful and functional pieces out of Jesmonite – an eco-friendly and versatile casting material.
- Risographing – Transform your drawings and collages into a cacophony of colour using the Risograph Machine. Risograph is a method of printing using a stencil printing or duplicator machine originating in Japan and onto 100% recycled paper.
- Observational Drawing – A tutor will guide your students on how to draw either the human form or still life.
- Dance and ‘Movement for the Actor’ – Performing Arts workshops looking at physicality to create and develop character.
The workshops will look slightly different if we come to your school/ college but could include:
- A weaving workshop with our textile design course leader involving cutting up mixed clothes to create luxurious haute couture tweed fabrics (max 15 students).
- A fashion photography workshop on how to work with light in location. The workshop would be followed by a brief presentation of how photography is changing and the potential of a career in photography in an ever-expanding creative market (max 18 students).