Governance and Policy
Our Governors represent a cross-section of the creative, educational, media, business and financial sectors. The skills and experience our Governors bring is invaluable to the College.
In this section you can explore the college’s information regarding our governance and policy. Please use the left-hand links to find out more about being a Governor, our key policies and our most recent Board and sub-committee meetings.
The Board also includes Governors who represent staff and students.
Our Board of Governors:
- Mervyn Jones (Chair of Governors)
- Alison McLean (Vice Chair)
- Professor Robin Baker (Independent Member)
- Dr Elizabeth Halford (Independent Member)
- Tim Newsholme (Independent Member)
- John Nicol
(Independent Member and Designated Safeguarding Governor)
- Scott Rolfe (Independent Member)
- Mike Rookes (Independent Member)
- Kay Sandford-Beal (Independent Member)
- Katie Seekings (Independent Member)
- Abigail Appleton (Principal and Chief Executive)
- Neil Hadfield (Staff Governor nominated by HE staff)
- Stevie Callender (Staff Governor nominated by FE Staff)
- Hannah Jones (Student Governor FE)
- Jennifer Hodgeman (Student Governor HE)
- Lynn Forrester-Walker (Co-opted Member)
- Graham Briscoe (Co-opted Member Audit Committee)
- Kate Murrie (Co-opted Member Academic Quality and Standards Committee)
Members of Committees:
Mike Rookes (Chair)
Dr Elizabeth Halford
Graham Briscoe (Co-opted Member)
Search and Governance Committee
Tim Newsholme (Chair)
Professor Daniel Howard
Finance and General Purposes Committee
Professor Robin Baker
Lynn Forrester-Walker (Co-opted Member)
Academic Quality and Standards (FE) Committee
John Nicol (Chair)
Kate Murrie (Co-opted)
Academic Quality and Standards (HE) Committee
Dr Elizabeth Halford (Chair)
The Board of Governors has adopted the AoC Code of Good Governance.
If you would like any specific information relating to governance arrangements at Hereford College of Arts please contact Linda Watkins, Clerk to the Governors, by telephone on 01432 379351, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.