How to Apply (for International Students)
- Check the most up to date information on the course you are interested in first!
- Make an enquiry- email us at international@ hca.ac.uk and let us know:
-The course you are interested in.
-The year of entry (most of our courses start at the beginning or end of September).
-Your contact details.
- Once we have received your enquiry the college will send you a short form to complete to give us additional information that will allow us to further investigate your potential application.
BA (Hons) Degrees
College Level Courses
We only accept overseas applications (for FE) from students aged 18+ for Foundation Diploma in Art & Design only.
Immigration & Visas
As a general rule the earliest date you can apply for a visa is six months before the start date of your course. You also need to receive a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from us. Please check the UK Government website at www.gov.uk/ visas-immigration and the UK Council for International Student Affairs at www.ukcisa.org.uk for the most up to date information regarding visas and entry into the UK as a student. There is also good advice available at the British Council website at www.britishcouncil.org
Please note that you will need to prove to UK Visa and Immigration that you have the ability to support yourself financially (this will include having access to funds to pay for accommodation, food and tuition fees). UK Visa & Immigration provide guidance on what evidence they accept as showing you have the ability to support yourself.
We understand that entry requirements may be a little confusing – here is some general advice to follow regarding our entry requirements. Please email us at email@example.com if you are unsure or you need any further assistance.
Applicants should demonstrate that they have reached the entry standard stated on the individual course page. Equivalent qualifications from an applicant’s own country will also be considered as well as other qualifications such as the International Baccalaureate.
English Language Requirements
- Applicants requiring a student visa whose first language is not English will need to provide evidence of sufficient competence via an approved test. For more details on this please visit the Visas and Immigration website at www.gov.uk/student-visa
- There are also English language requirements specific to the courses which can be found on the individual course pages of the website. They outline the overall IELTS Score that the course requires.
A portfolio of work
Please provide a portfolio in a PDF or PowerPoint format. Alternatively, you could provide a link to your website, blog, Flickr or Instagram account.
Visit our hint and tips page for some advice on your portfolio
All applicants will be interviewed either in person or online to ensure that entry requirements are met and that the course is suitable. Proof of existing qualifications will need to be presented at the application stage in order to comply with UK Visa and Immigration requirements.