Develop your performance talents in a friendly and inspiring atmosphere.
This course provides students with a strong grounding in performing arts and introduces a broad range of topics that support progression to further study.
Our aim is to encourage you to develop a knowledge and understanding of performing arts, and to grow in confidence across a range of disciplines. Students will build upon existing skills, and learn new acting and dance techniques for rehearsals and performances – all within a highly creative arts college environment.
Our performing arts students benefit from the College’s partnerships and links to:
- Hay Festival
- Pentabus Theatre
- The Courtyard Centre for the Arts
- Aerial Dance Hereford Performing Arts
- Acting skills and techniques.
- Employment opportunities and skills.
- Dance skills and techniques.
- Production roles and opportunities.
- Musical theatre performance.
English and maths are an integral part of the course. Students who do not yet have the necessary grades (grade 4 / C or above) will get additional teaching and support to study for either GCSE or Functional Skills, depending on prior GCSE grades. Please visit our English and Maths page for more details.
Additional support sessions, where appropriate, will also be available through Learning Support and Study Plus.
Performing Arts Preview Day
During the summer, we run a ‘Preview Day’ for students who have been accepted to study on the course. This is to help everyone settle in prior to the course starting in September. It is not compulsory, but it is a great way to meet the team and make new friends.
The majority of students progress to Level 3 Extended Diploma in Performing Arts and continue their performance education. Others will feel confident to enter employment or take up alternative study.
- Entry requirements: Minimum 4 GCSEs Grade 9 – 2 (previously A* – F) (to ensure that you qualify, it is also highly desirable that you achieve at least a grade 4 / C or above in English or maths)
- Interview and portfolio
- Minimum age: 16 years