What you will experience
• Excellent student-to-staff ratio and a balanced curriculum based on plenty of individual tuition, group discussion, educational visits, workshops and demonstrations.
• Students are taught alongside those on the Contemporary Design Crafts course to promote engagement with a wider conversation about materials and their application.
• Dedicated modules, live briefs and strong industry relationships offer ample opportunity to develop and nurture relevant career experience.
• An active Visiting Lecturer programme brings a variety of professional jewellers and specialists to the college during each year of study.
• All students are supported in applying for national and international competitions such as those offered by The Goldsmiths’ Company, British Arts Medal Society, Munich’s Talente and the Craft Council’s Hothouse programme.
Check to see what is happening right now on this course
Click the links below for:
Graduate Showcase 2016
Graduate Showcase 2015
Graduate Showcase 2014
Workshops and studios
Jewellery Design students each have their own designated workspace situated in a spacious studio where they can share ideas and practice. In addition, all students have open access to a range of specialist workshops, including two small metals workshops and the tools and equipment for working in any number of materials. Facilities include traditional hand tools, enamelling kilns, an etching station, micro-welders, laser cutters, a designated tech suite with CAD, rapid-prototyping technology, and much more.
One of the college’s greatest assets is the expert technical staff on hand in each workshop, ready and willing to assist as needed. Students have free use of IT facilities running industry standard software on both MAC and PC systems, a photography studio with equipment available for loan, and libraries with excellent jewellery-related journals, catalogues and books.
Once graduated, our students progress on to a variety of paths including:
• Independent designer/maker
• Gallery owner/exhibitor
• Post-graduate study e.g. MA