Please note: Enrolment for this course is for 2020 entry.
This exciting, brand new course will enable those students who are particularly interested in Music Performance to develop their skills and techniques to the next level.
Students on this course will respond to and initiate a fantastic range of Live Briefs which could include playing at Festivals, Touring and Collaborative performances with Performing Arts and Art & Design students as well as music students on our other courses including the BA (Hons) Music Degree at our College Road campus.
There will be also be opportunities to develop supporting skills such as music theory, song writing, music technology and recording as well as developing a deeper understanding of the Music Industry through an excellent programme of visiting speakers.
If you are aged 18 on starting the course you will be fully-funded.
- Collaborative Music Video with BA (Hons) Film Degree and Performing Arts students.
- Overnight trip to London to see Jazz gig and Baroque Music concerts.
- Collaborative Performance of original Music-Theatre piece at Hay Festival.
- Performing as ‘Pit Band’ for L3 Performing Arts production of Little Shop of Horrors’.
- Attendance at ‘BBC Introducing’.
- Bernard Butler Masterclass.
Together with your Level 3 Qualifications, the UCAS points you receive for this course will give you a huge advantage in gaining your desired University/ Conservatoire place as well as putting you in a great position to directly enter the Music Industry.
GCSE English & Maths 9-4 (A*-C). Level 3 full merit (extended diploma or equivalent), interview & audition.