This course provides an introduction to media techniques and experiences. It will provide those who are excited and motivated by creativity with the first steps to explore, develop and demonstrate their skills.
This supportive qualification helps you establish the building blocks to media through a range of fun, practical teaching and learning opportunities.
Through innovative projects and experimentation you will enjoy discovering your own creativity alongside tutors and peers based in our specialist studios and workshops including :
• Digital Media & Photography
• Film & Moving image
• Printmaking, Pattern & Textiles
• Drawing & Painting
• 3D Applications like Wood, Acrylic, Ceramics & Plaster
- Work related experience.
- Educational visits to galleries and events.
- Specialise in a chosen area of Media for a final project.
- Be part of an end of year show open to the public.
This broad experience of media will prepare you for progression onto our Level 2 Digital Futures and Interactive Media or Art and Design Qualification.
Minimum of 2 GCSEs Grade 9-2 (A*-F). It is also highly desirable that you achieve a Grade 3/D or above in English and/or maths, interview & showreel portfolio of media or related work.