HCA strategic aims include the development of initiatives to:
• attract the widest possible range of learners
• ensure that opportunities for progression are actively promoted internally and externally
• develop external links locally, regionally and nationally
To achieve this, HCA continues to work to widen their engagement outside the College with county schools, local community and regional and national partners. We maintain an inclusive, targeted and comprehensive programme of both outreach and on site activities, to raise aspirations and ensure that every potential student has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Our outreach and on site work aims to offer new opportunities to promote equality and diversity to all:
1. an inclusive yet diverse programme of activities for all ages and abilities
2. projects to develop skills for students to build confidence in achievement
3. offer new ways of communicating and develop interpersonal skills in mixed ability groups from different schools
4. creative activities and projects that appeal as much to male and female students
5. break down barriers to learning for hard to reach students
6. reinforce links with local and regional schools and colleges
7. ensure every potential student has the appropriate information, advice and guidance to achieve their goals
We are also proud to be part of Aimhigher West Midlands. Aimhigher is a partnership of Higher Education Institutions (HEIs), schools, academies and colleges. Together, we want to make sure that young people from less advantaged backgrounds have access to high quality, exciting and challenging experiences that enhance their careers education, motivate, inspire and provide accurate and impartial information, advice and guidance about higher education.
For more information on Aimhigher please click here