Our Strategic Plan for 2014-2019
Our mission is to empower creativity and enrich our world through transformative arts education.
Our vision of success looks like this:
- Hereford College of Arts is widely recognised as a leading arts school, rooted in place but connected to the world.
- Students are empowered with skills for life and work, to succeed in education, employment and entrepreneurship, and to have a positive impact on the world.
- A vibrant creative community, we welcome a rich diversity of people, with different experiences and perspectives.
- We make an inspiring contribution to the cultural and economic life of the region and beyond.
- We support students and staff to be:
- Collaborative: we believe creative collaboration gives people the power to change the world.
- Inquisitive: we urge our students to question, seek the wider context, think critically, and use arts to engage with society.
- Brave: we support and challenge individuals to achieve their ambitions, to tackle important issues, and to take bold creative risks.
- Inventive: we encourage an appetite to take on problems and a resourceful, creative approach to solving them.
- Individual: we respect the individual needs and interests of all members of our creative community, and provide a safe space for unique creative voices to develop and thrive.
1. Student experience and outcomes
1.1 To provide exciting and challenging learning opportunities which are responsive to and inclusive of the needs of students, the creative arts industry and the wider community.
2. Teaching and Learning
To provide a supportive environment in which innovative approaches to teaching, learning and assessment are encouraged, valued and recognised for all staff and students in the college
3. Recognition and reputation
To be recognised for excellent standards of arts practice and as a specialist centre for contemporary creative arts education from school, through higher education and postgraduate study to employment.
4. Expansion and development
To develop and expand Higher Education provision, working towards a future application for our own taught degree awarding powers on the way to our longer term goal of becoming a university for the arts .
4. Cultural and economic contribution
4.1 To enhance HCA’s role as a leader in the arts for student entrepreneurship and employability as an integral part of the wider student experience.
4.2 To be part of the transformation of Hereford and the region through education, culture and enterprise.
To be part of the transformation of Hereford and the region through education, culture and enterprise.
To find out how we are responding to our strategic vision and our priority actions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org